Flame Ionization Detector (FID) Parts
Flame Ionization Detector (FID) Parts from Agilent
The Agilent full dynamic range FID is a state-of-the-art digital electrometer that enables a linear dynamic range of 107, for seamless integration into a single run.
The FID requires routine maintenance to ensure optimum performance. Maintenance requirements are application dependent, but Agilent recommends periodically cleaning or replacing the following items:
- FID Jet - a plugged jet results in longer retention times as the column exit/detector pressure increases. Once the jet becomes completely plugged, it is difficult to light or sustain a flame.
- Ignitor Glow-Plug - replace if corroded or burned out
- FID Collector/Insulators - contamination can contribute to detector noise or loss of sensitivity
- Column Adapter/Seals for Adaptable FID only - leaks at column fittings can result in difficulty lighting the FID or sustaining a flame after injection
- The most popular and versatile detector
- Designed for maximum sensitivity and ease-of- use
- Flame can be ignited from keyboard or automatically