1 Day Course
This one day course is an excellent introduction to the theory and principles of dissolution testing. This heavily regulated technique often appears simple to use, but the underlying theory and significance of the various apparatus and test methodologies is complex.
- We limit numbers to 20 per course so that each delegate gets the opportunity to ask questions and fully participate in tutorial exercises
- When delivered on-site we can design the course material to suit your specific training needs
- Customisable written assessments are available if required
A comprehensive one day course that condenses important theory with critical calibration, verification and practical tips; making it a must for anyone using dissolution equipment.
The course is backed with explanatory images and supplemented with a practical session with state of the art instruments.
Who is this course for
This course is for analysts or method developers who need to master dissolution testing in order to design and implement effective protocols, or comply with stringent regulations.
A basic knowledge of chemistry is advantageous. Previous experience using dissolution equipment will be beneficial.
What you will learn
- The different regulatory approaches to dissolution testing
- Dissolution rates and equilibria
- Equipment calibration and maintenance
- Performance verification and error investigation
Dissolution Testing in Context
- USP dissolution: historical highlights
- Current approaches: the ISO framework
- Dissolution equations
- Factors influencing dissolution rates
- Significance of dissolution training
Performance Verification Testing
- Analytical Instrument Qualification and ISO Standards
- Elements of routine maintenance
- The Performance Verification test
- Sources of errors
Putting it All Into Practice
- Medium preparation and equipment set-up
- Prednisone testing
- Reviewing prednisone results