Merlin Microseal from Agilent
The Merlin Microseal is available in standard and high pressure kits. During normal use, when the autosampler syringe needle tip is wiped clean by the sample vial septum, no solvent comes in contact with the Microseal septum. Traces of solvent which might contact the septum evaporate rapidly. However, exposure to liquid ethers and similar oxygenated solvents causes deterioration.
- Low bleed, longer life alternative to standard septa for split/splitless injection and SPME
- Requires 23 gauge syringe needle
- Has a lifetime of more than 2000 injections, depending on samples and operating conditions
- Greatly reduced instrument downtime for septa changes and injection port liner changes due to septa particulates
- Two distinct sealing mechanisms: double O-ring type seal around the syringe needle and spring assisted duckbill to seal the injection port
- Temperature range 50-400 °C