HALO® ES-CN Analytical HPLC Columns from AMT
HALO 90 Å ES-CN is moderately polar in nature and highly suited for the separation of acids, bases, and neutrals. It will often exhibit different selectivity compared to straight-chain alkyl phases, such as C8 and C18.
The sterically protected, extensively endcapped diisopropyl-cyanopropylsilane stationary phase of HALO 90 Å ES-CN provides a stable, reversed-phase packing that can be used for basic, acidic, or neutral compounds.
Available in 3 particle sizes:
- HALO® 2 µm columns can meet or exceed the performance of most non-core sub-2 µm columns at pressures one-third to one-half the back pressure under the same conditions
- HALO® 2.7 µm columns can meet or exceed the performance of most non-core sub-2 µm columns at pressures one-third to one-half the back pressure under the same conditions
- HALO® 5 µm columns match the performance of totally porous 3 µm columns at roughly half the back pressure under the same conditions
- Complementary selectivity to alkyl phases
- More retention for polar analytes and much less retention for non-polar analytes
- Target analytes are polar and very polar bases, acids and neutrals
- Example applications are explosives, aromatics and polar compounds
Bonded Phase USP Designation Particle Size Pore Size Carbon Load Surface Area Low pH/Temp Limit High pH/Temp Limit Endcapped ES-CN (diisopropylcyanopropylsilane) L10
1/80 °C 8/40 °C Yes