SPME Fibers from Agilent
SPME has become one of the most widely used extraction technologies for environmental, food, and forensic analyses. It is well suited for automated sample preparation resulting in reduced time per sample, less sample manipulation and solvent consumption. SPME is compatible with analyte separation by gas or liquid chromatography and provides linear results for wide concentrations of analytes.
Agilent SPME Arrows are the next generation improvement of SPME fibers, and can be used for headspace analysis or by immersion in a liquid to concentrate analyte on the Arrow. Available with a variety of chemical coatings, SPME Arrows have demonstrated 10 times the sensitivity of SPME fibers and last at least 2 times longer than traditional SPME fibers.
- For a first-time order, you will also need to order the appropriate fiber holder for your needs
- SPME fibers can be used multiple times depending on the application and when treated with the proper care and caution
- Each fiber has a color-coded or notched hub indicating the type of coating on the fiber
- SPME Arrows have demonstrated 10 times the sensitivity of SPME fibers
- SPME Arrow wide types are for use with solvents or reagents that may lead to moderate swelling of PDMS phases