Build a culture of learning with Crawford Scientific
Download our Free E-books and open in Adobe Acrobat to view the interactive content.
- HPLC Mobile Phases – 10 bad habits to avoid: A quick guide to the top 10 things that must be avoided in your HPLC analysis.
- HPLC Column Maintenance: Column troubleshooting is more usually performed by reference to the chromatogram and chromatographic peak. System operating parameters may also provide indicative troubleshooting information - the component perspective.
- Autosampler Contamination: Contamination in any chromatographic method is a complex problem to troubleshoot. This article will focus on autosampler contamination, how to determine if the autosampler is the source, and how to remedy the problem.
- Retention Time Variability in HPLC: I’m sure we have all experienced it – that sinking feeling when you realize your analyte retention times have drifted outside the software ‘window’ and you have a pile of chromatograms with no quantitative results.
- Troubleshooting HILIC: Covering Insufficient Retention, Retention Time Drift and Poor Peak Shapes.
- 5 Pictures Which Reveal Problems With Your GC Analysis – And How to Fix Them: A picture paints a thousand words. The art of GC troubleshooting often lies in being able to recognize a problem from the evidence presented in the chromatogram or baseline appearance.
- GC Column Maintenance - Prevention is Better than Cure: Using proper procedures for capillary GC column storage and conditioning can have a major impact on column lifetime and the quality of results obtained.
- 10 Common GC Mistakes: 10 things to watch out for!
- Solvent Choice for GC Injection – a critical method variable!: I guess we all have our ‘go to’ solvents for our work in GC, and most of the time this will be based on the availability of the solvent and the chemical nature of our samples.
- GC Inlet Maintenance... have you really heard it all before?: Many troubleshooting investigations in chromatography often don’t lead to a single causal factor. Often, the reason for problems or lack of method robustness are related to many small ‘contributory factors’ and this is particularly true of the problems associated with sample introduction in capillary Gas Chromatography.
LC-MS Tips & Tricks
- New to LC-MS? 10 practical tips that will make a real difference: A quick guide to the top 10 things to help you get started with LC-MS.
- 10 Must know points to Understand Electrospray Ionisation: Get to grips with ESI - covering eluent pH, voltages, the Taylor cone, droplet desolvation and more.
- My LC-MS isn’t behaving! Where do I start?: Instrument manufacturers try to convince us that mass spec is just another detector. Most of us who work with LC-MS know that’s simply not the case – they can be maintenance intensive, unforgiving and generate complex information.
- 10(ish) Ways to Prevent LC-MS Contamination: Contamination is a common problem, prevention is the best cure.
- Controlling Na and K Adducts in LC-MS: Adduct ions are prevalent in LC-MS analyses and can come from any number of sources.