Crawford Scientific Consultancy
Crawford Scientific Technical and Laboratory Staff are experts in Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry.
We come from a wide range of industry types and have over 200 years of combined experience in analytical chemistry. Our consultancy services provide assistance when you don’t have the time or the expertise to implement new solutions, solve problems or improve laboratory performance. We will work alongside you making recommendations and advising best practises, ensuring you gain a better appreciation and understanding during the consultation and get real return on investment.
For over 28 years we have been helping clients in UK to solve problems and improve their laboratory performance. The experience we have gained will help you to quickly and effectively navigate steep learning curves, make better informed business critical decisions and overcome problems.
We’d love to talk to you about how we can help – contact us on 01357 522961 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org find out more.
Method Troubleshooting / method improvement (On-site or at our UK Laboratories)
Problematic & poorly performing analytical methods have a high cost in terms of wasted analysis time including lengthy re-preparations, re-runs and investigations. Together we will quickly identify the root causes of method problems and implement agreed solutions in partnership with you.
- Solve problems with ‘difficult’ or critical methods
- Solve method robustness problems
- Solve retention time, selectivity or baselines issues
- Overcome problems with poor quantitative performance
- Improve method sensitivity
Improve laboratory productivity (On-site or at our UK Laboratories)
Ever wanted to adopt a new, more highly efficient technology to improve your productivity but never get the time? This service quickly gets you up to speed on what’s possible and uses your methods to demonstrate the steps in implementing new technology. Typical examples include translation of HPLC to UHPLC methods or translating GC methods using Helium carrier gas to Hydrogen carrier gas.
- HPLC to UHPLC transfer
- Speed up methods using Core Shell particles
- Speeding up GC methods with narrow bore columns
- Helium to Hydrogen method conversion
- How to chose and employ the RIGHT Sample Preparation products for YOUR requirements
Make the most from your instrumentation (On-site) If you have ever wondered if there is more you can get from your current instruments, if you can improve the level of automation, improve analytical performance or reduce analysis and data processing time – we can help!
- HPLC / GC and MS method review to improve throughput and/or sensitivity
- Instrument optimisation to improve analytical throughput / reduce under-usage
- Automated data analysis strategies to reduce data reprocessing time
- Data processing software training / optimising integration
- Macro writing to increase automation
MS Services (On-site or at our UK Laboratories)
For everyone using an MS detection system and who wishes to improve the analytical performance or needs help with a new instrument purchase – this consultancy service will help to answer those questions.
- MS source tuning and optimisation to improve sensitivity and reduce interferences
- MS analyser tuning to improve sensitivity / specificity
- Implementing advanced spectral experiments
- Advice on which analyser type to purchase
- Method review and improvement service
Developing New Methods (On-site or at our UK Laboratories)
For the times when you don’t have the time, expertise or equipment to develop a new method, Crawford Scientific can offer a cost effective solution to help to bridge the gap. This consultancy service can be delivered at your site or in our laboratories.
- Method development / validation protocol writing
- HPLC, GC and MS method development & validation
- Implementing automated method development strategies
- Implementing computer aided optimisation in method development
- Implementing QbD strategies for analytical method development
Method Transfer (On-site)
If you are struggling with a difficult method transfer, need to transfer a method for the first time or need an independent view when problems are occurring, our highly experienced staff can help
- Method transfer strategy and protocol preparation
- Troubleshooting problems with method transfer
- Independent third party facilitation of method transfer within and between companies
Audit (On-site) We have experience of working within a vast range of business, application and legislative areas, and have seen what works and what doesn’t! Why go through the steep learning curve or struggle to find a different way of working – let us provide an answer based on what we know is successful!
- Technical audits of methods and methodology
- Training audits (training needs analysis)
Technical Writing (On-site)
Our staff are highly competent protocol and report writers with many scientific and business publications to our name. Let us quickly and effectively prepare your documentation to the required business or legislative standards
- Preparation of method development, validation and method transfer protocols and reports
- Preparation of standard operating protocols and instrument procedures
Software Service (On-site)
Data systems can often be daunting to come to terms with and optimise. Let our experts help you overcome the steep learning curve, improve your data analysis speed or write a bespoke piece of software to acquire data and produce the reports the way you need rather than the way the instrument vendor wants you to!
- Optimisation of data acquisition and re-processing strategies
- Implementation of automated strategies
- Macro writing
Vendor Relationship Management (On-site)
Sometimes you just need an independent voice to help you identify and acquire the correct instrumentation for your analyses. We have worked with a wide range of vendors over many years and can advise on which instrumentation may suit your requirements and then help you through the instrument demo process
- Instrument sourcing
- Specification setting
- Instrument demo facilitation