Supported Liquid Extraction (SLE)
Solid supported liquid/liquid (SLE) extraction is a fast effective sample preparation techniques that provides considerable benefits over liquid/liquid extraction (LLE) protocols for removal of phospholipids from biological samples.
SLE offers the following advantages:
- Greater recoveries and reproducibility compared to LLE
- Prevents emulsification as the sample and water immiscible solvent do not directly mix
- Reduced solvent requirements compared to LLE
- Can be completely automated
- Improved sample cleanliness and sensitivity compared to protein precipitation techniques