Solid Phase Extraction
1 Day Course
Sample preparation training can help you learn or brush up on solid phase extraction, not matter your level of experience. Learn the absolute essentials of SPE and apply this knowledge for the betterment of your lab workflow.
- We limit numbers to 20 per course so that each delegate gets the opportunity to ask questions and fully participate in tutorial exercises
- When delivered on-site we can design the course material to suit your specific training needs
- Customisable written assessments are available if required
Contact [email protected] and discover what solid phase extraction training can do for you.
A comprehensive one day course designed to increase expertise and optimise method development time for all users of solid phase extraction as a means of sample preparation.
The course is backed with a host of explanatory images and multimedia material from our range of e-learning products. Practical examples are included to reinforce the learning experience.
Who is this course for
This course is for LC or GC analysts or method developers who need to master the principles of Solid Phase Extraction in order to design and implement effective SPE protocols.
Knowledge of chromatography and a basic grounding in chemistry are beneficial. Previous experience using SPE will be also be advantageous.
What you will learn
- The basics of SPE and practical considerations
- Sorbent Selection
- What are the various extraction techniques offered by SPE
- Method development and protocol troubleshooting
SPE Sorbent Substrates
Protocol Steps in SPE
- SPE Sample Pre-treatment
- SPE Column Conditioning
- SPE Column Equilibration
- Sample Loading
- Column Washing
- Analyte Elution
- Hydrophobic or Non-Polar Groups
- Polar Groups
- Ionic Groups
- Chelating Groups
- Non-polar SPE
- Polar SPE
- Cation-Exchange SPE
- Anion-Exchange SPE
- Mixed-Mode SPE
SPE Method Development
- Analyte Assessment
- Mechanism Selection
- Sorbent Screening
- Procedure Optimization